A Letter to Yertle and Lynn-D from the Blanding’s Turtles of Moore’s Swamp
This Wednesday, we will be traveling to Moore’s Swamp to release our head-start Yertle. Your job on this post is to pretend you are one of the turtles who
live at Moore’s Swamp and write a letter to Yertle and Lynn-D, welcoming them to their new home. You can either be a headstart who was released there last year, a turtle who naturally just moved there, or one of the CCHS headstarts who were just released there a week ago. You should first watch the movie that I just created to help you write this post.
Your letter, which should be two paragraphs in length, should contain the following information:
1. Information about the turtle writing the letter to Yertle and Lynn-D
2. What Moore’s Swamp is like? What types of producers live around there? Why are producers an important part of the food chain? Where do the producers get their energy from? What other types of animals might Yertle and Lynn-D encounter?
3. What type of weather will Yertle and Lynn-D be encountering. Think about what the weather has been like over the past week.
4. What types of activities and fun will Yertle and Lynn-D have once they get to Moore’s Swamp? What types of food have the other turtles found in Moore’s Swamp? What do the other turtles do on a daily basis?
5. What the other turtles are looking forward to showing Yertle and Lynn-D once they settle in to Moore’s Swamp.
6. Advice for Yertle and Lynn-D from the Moore’s Swamp turtle. What types of adaptations will help them survive in Moore’s Swamp?
7. How have the changes in Moore’s Swamp made it a great place for the Blanding’s turtles?
Please check your letter carefully for any spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and gammatical errors. This post is due on THURSDAY