Look How We’ve Changed!
We’ve had Yertle since school started in September and Lynn-D since the middle of March. During both of those time frames,
they have changed in many ways. From little hatchlings, they now look like miniature adult Blanding’s turtles. Initially, they were eating a few few small turtle pellets, now they are eating earthworms, mealworms, aquatic creatures, and for Yertle, as
many crayfish as he can get his mouth on! For tonight’s blog, due on Thursday, you are to analyze the following data and answer the following questions. Remember that you can click on the table to make it larger. Make sure you use complete sentences in your answer.
1. How much weight did Yertle gain from when he hatched until June 1st?
2. How much longer did Yertle become from his hatching date until June 1st?
3. About how many times larger did Yertle become during this time (hint divide the June weight by the birth weight)
4. During what two months did Yertle gain the most weight?
5. How much weight did Lynn-D gain from when she hatched until June 1st?
6. How much longer did Lynn-D become from her hatching date until June 1st?
7. About how many times larger did Lynn-D become during this time (hint divide the June weight by the birth weight)
8. During what two months did Lynn-D gain the most weight?
On two separate pieces of graph paper, create two graphs: one comparing the weights of Yertle and Lynn-D and one comparing the lengths of Yertle and Lynn-D. Your graphs should contain a title, labels, key, and should be done in color.