Planning the Project
You have all worked very hard this afternoon to develop some great guiding questions and a great goal. Our goal is: to get Blanding’s turtles off the threatened species list by educating the community about the turtles and their habitats and getting more people to care and be aware of the turtles.
Our questions are:
1. How can we get people to know more about Blanding’s turtles?
2. How can we help increase the population of Blanding’s turtles?
3. How does head-starting help the population of turtles?
4. How can the turtles’ nest be protected from humans and other predators?
5. How can we alert more people to the danger that the Blanding’s turtles are in so they can be more aware if they see a turtle?
For your homework due on Friday, each table group will tackle one question that corresponds to your table number. For example, table one takes on question one, table two takes on question two, etc. Please check out the turtle resource page on our home page as well as the earlier post on this page. Make sure you identify what question you are referring to in your response. You need to answer the following questions:
a. What things can we actually work on for this question? What activities can you see us doing?
b. What resources do you think we need in order to answer that question? Resources can be books, internet resources, or people.
c. What equipment and supplies will we need to answer the question?
d. What people can we contact to help us with this project?
e. What other ideas do you have?